Bay & Basin Community Resources is an established local organisation, which operates under ‘not for profit’ status. We’ve been serving the Shoalhaven and Illawarra region since 1991, leading the way as a provider of community services and essential programs, projects information and resources.
People and community matter to us, and we’ve built our organisation around that focus. We hope to continue meeting the needs of our community members for years to come, and promoting their health and wellbeing above all.
- To identify the needs in our community, and wherever possible, find solutions and establish services that meet those needs.
- To encourage citizens to take an active role in developing and growing their local community.
- To maintain our voice and vision in the creation and operation of these services.
- It is the right of every person to be treated with dignity and respect.
- We are a community of individuals with individual, unique needs.
- We manage our services effectively and efficiently, keeping our focus on the people of our community.
- We welcome change, and desire to seek continual improvement.
Since 1991 Bay & Basin Community Resources (BBCR), a community based ‘not for profit’ organisation has been at the forefront of providing community services across the Shoalhaven/Illawarra.
The purpose of BBCR is to consult with the community to identify the gaps in community services and where possible, establish and support services and programs that will enhance the health and wellbeing of residents.
A voluntary Board has general governance responsibilities and employs a Chief Executive Officer to manage the day-to-day operations of the organisation.
BBCR is working to ensure that the future generations, our children and grandchildren can continue to remain living independently in the comfort of their homes surrounded by the beauty this wonderful area has to offer. BBCR Mission Statement outlines the organisation’s aims and objectives.
BBCR Board Members are volunteers who represent the community and the services we manage. Current Board Members have a wealth of experience to meet governance responsibilities.
The Board’s role is to govern the organisation and provide purpose, leadership and the overall strategy direction of the organisation in line with BBCR’s Mission, Vision and Values.
Our CEO has been with the organisation for over 17 years and has worked alongside the Board, Staff and Volunteers in managing and implementing a number of exciting initiatives.
The Executive Team
The Executive Team was formed in 2009 to assist the CEO and Board in the delegation of responsibility and actions outlined in the Strategic Directions and Business Plan 2009-2012. This re-structure has provided a streamlined approach across the organisation were employees have access to specialised skills in the areas of Human Resources, Aged Care, Finance and Project Management.